Friday 24 April 2020

Home Learning: Friday

Good morning
Orlando, Jamie, Nathan, Noah, Max, Zahra, Tanya, Yusra, Riley, Alisha, Tinomalu, Pepa, Moses, Avneet and Ida.
If you would like to share your work please email me some photos to (nmitchell@owairaka.school.nz) and I will share it on our class blog.
Happy home learning Room 5!   
Ms Mitchell
This is a fun song for you to sing along with!

Let's Dance: Fun Friday...






Maths
Here is a video on learning about numbers before and after. 


Activity:
Now I want you to work on numbers after a number. For example the number after 8 is 9.

Here are some for you to try.

What number comes after:
1, __        5, __        8, __       11,__     14, __       16, __       19, __  

Let's work on the number before:

The number before 7 is 6.

Can you try these ones:

__, 3       __, 6       __, 7       __, 9      __, 11       __,13

Extra Challenge:

 __, 15       __, 16       __, 23       __, 25       __, 30


Writing
Today for writing I want you to look outside a window or your front door and tell me what you can... *see  *hear   *feel


Draw a picture of what you see and then write a story about it.

Here is an example:

I can see a beautiful fluffy cat. 
I can hear children playing. 
I can feel the sun on my arms.

Remember to use:
-capital letters
-finger spaces
-sounding out words
-full stops.


Te Reo: 
This is a greeting song for you to sing along with.


Numbers: Here is a video of counting in te reo. Please join in and try to count up to 20.

Shared book: 
Here is a great story for you to listen to about an alligator called Snappsy.



Art:
I thought it would be fun to try and learn to draw an alligator like Snappsy.


Remember to send me some photos of your home learning. I would love to see your alligator pictures!


Reading:
Here is a fantastic link to audio stories for you to listen to some great books. Storytime RNZ is one of my favourites.


Storytime RNZ


Remember you don't have to do everything on this blog post.  Most importantly try and make it fun and work for your family.




1 comment:

  1. Wow Room 5, looks like you have some really fun learning at home activities to do. I liked watching the Storyonline. I'm really happy that Snappsy the Alligator had a party and invited some friends over.

    ReplyDelete