Friday 1 May 2020

Home Learning: Friday

Good morning
Orlando, Jamie, Nathan, Noah, Max, Zahra, Tanya, Yusra, Riley, Alisha, Tinomalu, Pepa, Moses, Avneet and Ida.

Today is Friday 1st May 2020

It is a new month: Can you write the date down?

Image result for free birthday month may clip art images balloons
We have a few birthday's coming up this month!
Alisha, Avneet, Moses, Tanya

Yoga:
I found a cosmic kids yoga video that I thought you might like. 

Calendar Maths
Just like we do in class, we can do at home. I am going to give you a number and you have to answer the questions.

Todays number is 14

Questions:
-What comes before 14?
-What comes after 14?
-Can you spell the number 14?
-Can you write down 14 tally marks?
-What equations can you make that equal 14 (10+4=14)?


Maths: Counting: Forwards
Here is a video for you to watch to help with counting forwards.


Activity: Before and After:
Here are some before and after revision ones:

     __, 12             17, __                 __, 15                  18, __      ___,21

Extra Challenge:

     __, 35          48, __         __, 26           53, __     __, 64            __,73     __,95


Ordering Numbers:

Activity:
Can you put these numbers in order from smallest to biggest?

6 , 2 , 4,  ___  ____  ____      7 , 1 , 6,  ___  ____  ____        8 , 2 , 3,  ___  ____  ___


Extra Challenge:

12, 15 , 18,  ___  ____  ____   19 , 13 , 17,  ___  ____  ___  17 , 14 , 13,  ___  ___  ___


Writing:
Today I want you to draw a picture of who is in your bubble. Then you can write a story about it.

My Example:

I am safe in my bubble with my sister and my cat Violet.
We have gone on lots of walks and bike rides.

Remember to use:
-capital letters
-finger spaces
-sounding out words
-full stops.


Reading:
Please watch the following video of the top 100 'sight words'


Activity: 
How many words can your write down in 5 minutes? Ask your family to time you while you write them.

Shared book:
Here is our shared book for today "Some Pets". I wonder do you have a pet at your house? 



Extra Activity: You could draw a picture of your pet and write about what your pet does?

Handwriting: This week we have been working on the letters Jj and Ff.  Did you remember to sit the letters on the line?  Here is another video to help you with your handwriting.




 Extra Activity: Can you write down 10 words that start with Jj or Ff

Bye for now Room 5! I will post again on Monday.
Kia ora,
Ms Mitchell

Remember you don't have to do everything on this blog post.  Most importantly try and make it fun and work for your family.
If you would like to share your work please email me some photos to (nmitchell@owairaka.school.nz) and I will share it on our class blog.

Happy home learning Room 5!   

Ms Mitchell


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Room 5 tamariki, I hope you are all having a fun Friday learning at home. Here is my story ....

    I am safe in my bubble with my husband, my three children and my cat Frankie. We go out everyday for a walk and sometimes I go for a bike ride!

    ReplyDelete