Wednesday 18 August 2021

Home Learning

  Hi Room 5,

I hope you are having fun learning at home.
If you would like to share your home learning please email me a photo to (nmitchell@owairaka.school.nz)
and I will share it on our class blog. 
 Happy home learning Room 5!
Ms Mitchell
Kia ora Room 5
Asja, Aiva, Charlie, Christopher, Darleen, Dezire, Eliza, Gau, Hoonam, Iti, John, Mikki, Oliver, Samuela, Santiago, Sasha, Starzia and TJ

Today is Wednesday 18th August 2021

Can you say that out loud to someone in your house?
You could try writing the date as well.

Phonics:
Listen to the video and sound out the words. Maybe you could even write them down?



Watch the blends video to help you learn the sounds.



Reading:
Please watch the following video. Can you say the words before the teacher does?


Activity: After watching the video. Set a timer and try to write as many words as you can in 5 minutes! I wonder how many you could write?

Shared Books:
Here are a few shared books that you can watch. I think you will enjoy them.





Activity:
Draw a picture from one of the books that you liked. You could write a sentence about which animal was your favourite or what animal you would want to be sent to you from the ZOO!
 
e.g. I liked the elephants because...
I would like a ...

Home Reading: 
I want you to read every night or have someone read to you. Remember to get them to sign your reading log too!
 

Maths: Sing along with the big numbers video.


Can you count backwards from 20?



 Activity: Now try to write the numbers from 20 to 1

  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1  
 

Tens Frame Challenge:
Can you recongise the tens frame patterns?


Number pairs: Number facts to 10


Extra Challenge:
Have a go at writing the number pairs. I wonder how many you can remember?


Handwriting: Can you work on writing d's
Below is a video to help you write d's. Watch the video and then write d's onto some paper.


Room 5 Challenge: 
Can you draw a llama? Send me a picture of your llama!



Ka pai Ruma Rima!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Room 5, I hope you are all doing well in your home bubble. You have a lot of interesting learning activities to work on. Remember to read every day and fill in your reading log! Stay safe and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi rm 5 it's T.J. and my sister my favorite activity is Fittness because when your cold the dances make you warm.

    ReplyDelete